10 Commandments for Dogs ~
From a Dog's Point of View
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Regular separation from you
will be painful and can even cause depression. Think before you buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Don't be impatient,
short-tempered or irritable.
3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back. Respect is
earned, not given as some sort of inalienable right.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. I
am not capable of understanding why I am being locked up. I only know I
have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment and friends. I only
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do
understand your tone. "You only have to look at my tail" to know that.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget. If that
treatment is unjust or bad, it may spoil the special bond between us.
7. Please do not hit me. I cannot hit back, but I can bite and scratch
and I don't ever want to feel the need to do that.
8. Before you tell me off me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy,
ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I'm not
getting the right food or I've been out in the sun too long, maybe my
heart is getting old and weak, or maybe I'm just dog-tired.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and will also
want care, love, and affection.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch"
or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are
there. Remember, irrespective of what you do I will always love you.
© Stan Rawlinson.
Dog Behaviourist & Obedience Trainer
I looked at the caged animals in the shelter. . . the cast offs of
I saw in their eyes, love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and
betrayal and I was angry.
"God" I said, "This is terrible. Why don't you do something...?"
God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly.
"I have done something" He replied, "I created you."
There is nothing so pure and
strong as the love of a dog for his Master.
here for the 10 Commandments of Dogs
| Dumped at the shelter
Rainbow Bridge Story | Never Say Never | Quotes | One by One
The Little Dog That Nobody Wanted | A Dog's Prayer | Friends| Canine-World
site designed and maintained by Stallion